This past year I made it a goal to reduce our waste (and recycling output – which is really just another kind of waste). I have a long, long way to go. Especially with needing the efficiency of Amazon and Target deliveries (which contribute to a lot of wasteful packaging and shipping!)….
But, I have made a lot of progress in other areas. Here are my favorite eco-friendly finds for the year!
- Check out these stainless steel reusable straws. Or these colorful silicon ones for the kids! We no longer use plastic straws whatsoever.
- Reusable Cleaning Product Bottles: Why had this not been thought of before? This is literally so genius and takes up way less space in my cleaning pantry! I never have to go to to buy windex again.
- Give Tru Earth Eco-Friendly Laundry Detergent (goodbye wasteful plastic gallon jugs!) a go! This is so easy – they ship it in the mail like a letter and reduces my recycling bin mass by a lot.
- Dryer balls instead of dryer sheets – One-time dryer cleans are made of chemicals and go straight into landfills. Why were we ever doing that??
- Try out this eco-friendly toothbrush or this biodegradable one.
- Gather your sustainable food storage products such as beeswrap, reZip bags, and glass tupperware sets and stop buying one-time wasteful plastics. I basically have almost zero need for ziplock bags anymore.
- BYOCup: Bring your own amazing tumbler for coffee at Starbucks. I love my Yeti!
- The thing about TP… Swap your toilet paper for this eco-friendly brand.
- Swap your kitchen trash bags for biodegradable ones. Easy.
- I refuse to buy any new plastic water bottles for the kids. Plastic is bad for their health and degrades overtime. I had bought a couple early on, which I am using now as needed, but no new purchases! Stainless steel has been the way to go for us!